Sunday, August 2, 2009
Researchers looked at 50,000 studies conducted over 50 years — and found no significant differences in the foods. They focused on a wide range of crops and livestock raised and marketed under organic standards.I suppose that could mean one of a few things:
- This entire study is just propaganda from Big Food, carefully calibrated as a response to Food Inc. Having worked in PR, this wouldn't surprise me.
- The study is legit, but ignores the environmental impacts of non-organic foods.
- The study is legit, and we should stop spending nearly 2x on organic foods.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
SOUTH PARK MURDERED ME LAST NIGHT AND IT'S PRETTY FUNNY. . . I JUST WANNA BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM. I NEED TO JUST GET PAST MYSELF. DROP THE BRAVADO AND JUST MAKE DOPE PRODUCT. (sic)
Wow. As a huge fan of humility, I'm amazed. And I should know, I'm, like, the best at being humble.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Among the thrilling experiences Econoland will offer are:
The currency high-roller: Float like a butterfly with the euro and drop like a stone with the pound! Chamber of horrors: Tremble at the wailing of distressed debt! Fiscal fantasyland: Watch the economy shrivel before your very eyes as you struggle to stop growth falling! Bankrupt Britain: Pit your wits against the government as you try to sink sterling and bring the country to its knees! The Severe Contest: Try your strength against a bear market!
Of course, whenever anyone quotes the economist, I have a reaction like the second guy in this story.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Anyways, one of the shows I watch is This Week with George Stephanopoulos. The main reason I watch is this guy:
(Conservative thinker George Will. Sure, he's "the other side," but you gotta respect his giant mind).
This week, Mr. Will laid out a few truths, as part of his commentary on the epic hip hop battle between a zany basic cable entertainer and an insightful market analyst: Jim Cramer and John Stewart, respectively.
In the segment, George Will lays out three wise precepts, reposted here:
- Never play poker against a man named Slim.
- Never buy a rolex from a man who's out of breath.
- Never take financial advice from a man who's shouting at you.